Saturday, July 21, 2007

And the Rabbit is White again

From CNA,
The taint of formaldehyde has been washed off White Rabbit Creamy Candy as tests done here revealed that those sold in Singapore are safe for consumption.

The tests were conducted by the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) on Wednesday after four products were withdrawn by the Philippines' Food and Drug Agency for possible formaldehyde contamination. The products are White Rabbit Creamy Candy, Milk Candy, Balron Grape Biscuits and Yong Kang Foods Grape Biscuits.

Formaldehyde is a cancer-causing chemical that is not permitted for use as a food additive. It is also used in resin production and is well-known as a preservative and embalming fluid.

Heng ah!!! White Rabbit candy was one of my fav candies during my childhood days.

If it failed AVA's food safety test, then I'll be wondering if my IQ is much lower than what it was meant to be. But then, my dear White Rabbit candy passed AVA's test. Yay!

Now I'm left wondering what else caused my low IQ? :(

2 comments:

little gecko said...

Ooooo, little gecko also grew up on those white rabbit candies!! It'd the only candy wid dat edible rice paper wrapping, rite?

Yeah, little gecko has low IQ too... kekekeke.....

Stephen said...

yes, that's the candy. very sweet n yummy! during cny in my childhood days, it was the standard candy issued to kids. hehehe! but i see less of it these days.


ooh... low IQ kid... so poor thing... my heartfelt sympathies *pat pat*
even though other pple look down on us, coz we can't do 1+1... it's not our fault... so you muz not look down on yourself... visit us at MENSA... oops... should be ASNEM. maybe you will feel better when u find into someone of even lower IQ... :D

Signed by,
Stephen
Chairman
ASNEM