Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Love" is Singapore's favourite English word: survey

From CNA,
SINGAPORE: According to an online survey by the British Council, "love" is Singapore's favourite English word.

This, along with Singapore's other top six words, was revealed on Wednesday.

After "love", "cool" is the next favourite word, scoring over 1,200 votes.

"What I think most Singaporeans will use would be 'cool'. And everything can be cool, like your dressing is cool... going for a vacation will be cool... everything can be cool," said one Singaporean.

The top words were picked from a list of 60.


I didn't know that Love is Singapore's favourite until today. I had thot our fav word should be "I". =)

1 comment:

little gecko said...

Heh, dats a good one ;p Little gecko did think "I"'s da fave word wid da locals too. kekekeke....

Jokes aside, tot da most often used word among Sporeans is 'lah'. kekekeke.....