Thursday, July 12, 2007

New refrigerator

The old fridge killed itself on Monday. Bad time to fail, coz I'm a bit low on cash at the moment. But since it died, I may as well get a newer and more cost-efficient fridge.

On Tuesday, I went with my mum, my younger sister and her husband to the nearby Courts megastore. And the new fridge arrived today! =)

We got the Fisher & Paykel E331TRG, which looks like this:-


It's quite spacious at 329 litres, but it consumes even less energy than the smaller Hitachi R-Z307AMS fridge (250 litres), which is also awarded 2 ticks (max is 3) for energy efficiency.

The E331TRG's annual energy consumption is only 550kwh vs 639kwh for the Hitachi model. Amazing.

Browsing thru the National Climate Change Committee website, I discover that this energy efficient fridge consumes much less energy than a similar-sized normal fridge (stated annual energy consumption approx 1400+kwh).

See? I'm doing my part to save Gaia, and hopefully, I get to see a lower utility bill next month. Hehehe... =)

2 comments:

little gecko said...

Fisher & Paykel fridge??!! Sounds expensive liao... little gecko needs a fridge too... prob get a small one valued under $300 :(

Stephen said...

I would prefer something cheaper, but not many choices. All the cheap and good ones were sold out, and only a few models within our budget were left.

Since we needed a new fridge in a hurry, we chose an energy efficient model in the hope that the energy savings will be able to make up for the extra costs. *sob!*

But hey! I also want to save Gaia, ok? *angel look*
---
You stay alone in the rainforest leh, so a small fridge will be sufficient. I got a mother and sister to feed, so we need a bigger fridge.